Pam has 28 years of experience as a lawyer, both in and out of the courtroom.
- Represented individuals and businesses
- Decided hundreds of cases as a Cook County arbitrator
- Taught trial skills to University of Chicago Law Students
After graduating from the University of Chicago Law School, for six years Pam handled commercial lawsuits for two Chicago law firms--Antonow & Fink and then Goldberg, Kohn, Bell, Black, Rosenbloom & Moritz. In 1989 she started her own practice in Oak Park. She represents individuals and companies in civil disputes -- drafting court pleadings, motions and briefs; participating in hearings, arbitrations, trials and appeals. A sampling of her litigation clients:
- A widow who was defrauded by a dating service.
- A construction contractor seeking payment for his work.
- Homeowners seeking compensation for faulty or incomplete construction.
- Sellers of an insurance company in a breach of contract action.
- A home buyer in a suit against the seller for not disclosing a known flooding problem.
- College students whose landlord withheld their security deposit.
- A gift shop owner seeking a fair resolution after she and her partner parted ways.
- A candidate for public office in an election contest trial and appeal.
Pam also organizes and advises new small businesses and reviews and drafts their agreements. Her business clients have ranged from restaurants to record companies, contractors to computer consultants, midwives to meatpackers. She volunteers to help homeowners in foreclosure mediations. She has also given pro bono legal help to not-for-profit groups such as The Children’s Museum of Oak Park, Unity Temple, and Oak Park Festival Theatre.
Pam is an arbitrator with the Cook County Mandatory Arbitration Program in Chicago and Maywood. The program assigns cases to panels of three lawyers who hear evidence and render recommended awards. Over the years, she has heard hundreds of cases, often controlling the proceedings and ruling on objections as chair of the panel.
Each fall since 2000, Pam has helped teach the Intensive Trial Practice Workshop at the University of Chicago’s Mandel Legal Aid Clinic. The workshop uses volunteer practicing attorneys to give demonstrations and critique and advise students preparing cases for mock trial.
Read about Pam's Bar Association Ratings here
Read about Pam's Community Leadership here
Read about Pam's Family here